Undoubtedly Leather Jackets have the greatest fan following. Not only it adds style and elegance but also never goes out of fashion. Leather jackets are of various types like bomber leather jackets, suede leather jackets and more. Other than these, riders have a great love for leather jackets which are specially designed for them as leather motorcycle jackets.
To get a best quality leather motorcycle jacket you pay a handsome amount. Leather jackets are made of a natural material which is made of different skin hides. But obviously, with a passage of time, it starts losing its attraction and seeks attention and care for maintenance.
Well, the leather jacket cannot be just dumped in the washing machine as this can make it shrink or damage it acutely. You need to opt for the remedies and tips that are necessary and helpful in proper cleaning of the leather jackets. Check out the following simple pointers for keeping your leather jacket neat and stored for long.
• A genuine and authentic leather motorcycle jacket provider will definitely give you a booklet along that includes set of instructions for the proper up keeping of the jacket. More often we ignore such sort of booklets or pamphlets that ends up in our trash cans. Thus, it is highly advisable to read out these instructions carefully and follow them as delivered by the provider.
• It is immensely discouraged to use detergents or soaps. If it cannot be avoided then only you can use a mild soap with cold water and a sponge. Once applied on the jacket, wipe it off immediately.
• As jacket is exposed to different environments, it can get oil or grease stains. Never try to clear them out with water as it will support stains to spread out over a large area. Thus rather than using water, sprinkle some corn starch or any talc powder at the affected point and leave it overnight. Next day just wipe out the procedure with a dry soft piece of cloth.
• While riding a bike, you may face extreme weather situation. If the leather jacket gets wet with body sweat or due to unpredictable weather condition then allow it to get dry in natural open air. But always remember never to expose it to the direct sunlight as the color of your jacket fades away and lose all its charm.
• Use leather protectors or conditioners especially in winters as they really works well from getting the jacket dry and dull
• Moreover, leather lotions are used for gleaming and smoother look.
• The procedure of water proofing your jacket with a water proof agent is highly essential. This must be repeated after some period of time. It seal the pores of the leather thus delivers a sound protection against water.
• Always keep your leather jacket in a cool dry and ventilated area. A closet is a right place for this. Also, do keep a check on the humidity level.
Thus for keeping your leather motorcycle jacket alive for lifelong, the above-mentioned tips are sufficient enough. All you need to do is to just stick to it. If you still get confused, then it is better that you should consult a professional leather jacket cleaner.