Ever been on a motorcycle ride with friends where you had to pull over and talk face to face. How antiquated, either you use hand signals, a prearranged stopping point, or shout at the top of your lungs to get heard. Everyone seems to be connected electronically to everyone they know and so should you while on a motorcycle ride. You need to be able to communicate with other riders while on the road. Speaking of being on the road don’t forget to show off your new Mesh Motorcycle Jacket. Motorcycle communications come in a variety of technical devices, Bluetooth, walkie-talkies, two-way radios, and so on.
What Comm System Is Best For You As A Motorcycle Rider?
Let’s take a look at the Bluetooth intercom for motorcycle riders.
- Some motorcycle helmets have Bluetooth headphones built-in.
- Make voice-activated phone calls with Bluetooth.
- Use GPS and get electronically spoken directions through a Bluetooth headset.
- Use Bluetooth intercom connections with other riders in the group to make direction changes, call for a rest stop, etc…
Bluetooth technology is not new; it has been around for some time in wireless communications. Only recently has Bluetooth technology been adapted to motorcycle rider-to-rider communications. Bluetooth technology has been applied to two-way radio frequencies, creating driver to rider and bike to bike communication systems. The range is not measured in miles but rather in hundreds of feet to maybe a half a mile, they will work the bugs out in time. To be seen at a distance ride your motorcycle wearing the American Eagle Jackets Men’s. Rather than boring you with more technical jargon, let’s review some motorcycle intercom Bluetooth devices.
1. Cardo PTB00001-PACKTALK Bluetooth Communication System Headset-Black, Single Pack
Selling price: Single pack $285.95. Dual Pack $419.97
- Brand: Cardo
- Model: Packtalk Bold Single
- Weight: 01 ounces (oz)
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 0.98 x 1.9 inches
- Country of Manufacture: Ukraine
- Range: 1.6Km or 1 mile
- Battery: Lithium Polymer (included). With 13 hours of talk time.
- Packtalk Black will connect 2 to 15 riders, and uses voice commands to change stations or settings.
2. SENA 20S-EVO-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Communications System, Black
Selling Price: $367.39 Dual Pack Single $228.65
- Brand: SENA
- Model: 20S EVO
- Weight: 31 ounces (oz)
- Dimensions: 7 x 1.9 x 1 Inches
- Made In: China
- Battery: Lithium Polymer (included)
- The SENA 20S-EVO is noise canceling, US DOT certified, and wireless.
3. SE NA 10C-EVO-01 Black One Size 10C EVO Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera & Communications System
Selling Price: $333.00
- Brand: SENA
- Demensions: 5 x 5 x 5 Inches
- Weight: 2 pounds (lbs)
- Model: 10C-EVO-01
- The 10C-EVO-01 fits over the ear are black and are wireless.
- Is capable of capturing 4K/30FPS quality video or capture time-lapse, still shot, burst photos.
- Has Smart Audio which allows for narration on the go, no need to edit later.
- A charge will give you two hours of photos or video and requires three hours to recharge.
- Set the camera settings using the smartphone app.
- You can communicate with up to three other motorcycle riders and will fit snugly into the helmet.
There are 5 Motorcycle Communication Systems You Need To Look At for motorcycle riders to use for group rides other than wired radios. The problem with wired radios is they are wired to the helmet and need to be plugged in when getting on the motorcycle. They require push button talk and only one rider can talk at a time. Two-way radios run on assigned frequencies and if there is an accident you can’t call 911.
There you have a rather shortened version of communication device ideas while on a group motorcycle ride or while riding with a passenger. A motorcycle ride is much more enjoyable when you have been able to talk with the other riders in the group. While wearing Bluetooth, enjoy your motorcycle ride wearing Motorcycle Jackets With Armor as well. Don’t forget to check us out on Instagram, like us on Facebook and Twitter, and hop over to Wicked Stock to check out all the Black Friday deals.