You are riding with a friend; you want to communicate with him/her, you try hand signals, no good. You can’t shout, your message gets lost in the roar of engines and the wind.
Being able to communicate with other riders on a motorcycle ride is not only fun but can be beneficial, as well. Some times communicating with others on a ride can warn them of hazards or obstacles in the road.
Not to worry, technology has the answer for you: Motorcycle Communications Systems. Here are some Bluetooth communication devices that will work very well for you and your fellow riders. Be forewarned motorcycle communication systems only work with other comm systems of the same brand.
SENA 20S EVO Bluetooth
This state of the art Motorcycle Bluetooth Comm Device has a new design for improved intercom function.
- Bluetooth 4.1
- A range of 1.2 miles (2km).
- Connects up to 8 riders on a single network.
- Jog dial configuration.
- Voice-activated – Hands-Free.
- Audio HD speakers.
- Audio Multitasking
The new design includes a shark fin antenna, Group Intercom feature (8 riders), listen to music, FM radio, or GPS direction commands. Installs easily into your helmet, there is a YouTube instructional video to help with installation.
A single unit sells for $299.00; the two-unit set goes for $549.00 through BikeBandit. As you are talking with your riding buddies, be sure to wear Men Motorcycle Mesh Pants.
Figure 1: SENA 20S EVO Bluetooth
Cardo Scala Rider G9 Powerset
A motorcycle comm system packed with the latest Bluetooth technology and equipped with a social media platform.
Here are some of the features:
- One+8 – toggle up to 8 users.
- Flash Pairing in one second.
- Send group audio to all eight connected riders.
- Stays connected up to 1 mile (1.6km).
- Long Range 1 mile.
- Long battery life, 13 hrs talk time, one-week standby.
- Numerous great features.
- Expensive (No price listed on motorcycleintercoms.net or Amazon).
- Some users report the device is difficult to install and get operational.
Your Bluetooth helmet may be waterproof, and you are not, so bring your Mens Motorcycle Rain Jackets.
Figure 2: Cardo Scala Rider G9 Powerset
UClear HBC 200HD Force
The UClear HBC 200HD Bluetooth comm system takes the 200 series to a higher level. UClear comm systems have been a step ahead due to the absence of wired microphones. The HBC 200HD Force Bluetooth system has features only used by the military and can very well win you over.
- The speaker housing has a boomless microphone infused into it.
- The unit is compatible with other Bluetooth comm brands (Sena/Cardo Scala).
- Connects up to ten users.
- Range 765 yards.
- Fits Full face helmets, ¾, and half.
- ABF/DSP technology.
The UClear HBC 200HD uses duplex technology to extend the range and also the quality of communications within the group as well.
- Affordable (Amazon sold out of the units, no price listed).
- Connects to other brands.
- The sound quality is excellent.
- Users complained the range was too short 765 yards.
- Motorcycle communication systems discussed need to be fitted into your MC helmet.
Sold on Amazon, currently out of stock, no price listed. Riding lead puts all eyes on you be in style by wearing Textile Mens Motorcycle Jacket.
Figure 3: UClea r HBC 200HD Force
Motorcycle Helmet with Bluetooth
FreedConn supports one of the best Bluetooth technologies in the motorcycle industry. It is one of the best item in Helmet gears with communication facility, safety and style. You should know more about the History of motorcycle helmets before you buy one.
- 500m range.
- Connect with up to 3 riders.
- Bluetooth 3.0 headset is pre-installed.
- Talk time 9 hours intercom time, with five days in standby.
FreedConn Bluetooth motorcycle helmet can connect to your GPS for audio directions, compatible with cell phones.
- Connect to 3 riders.
- Latest Bluetooth technology.
- The helmet is waterproof, sun-proof, and lightweight.
- Speeds over 70mph can affect sound quality.
- The adapter is not included.
Sells for $194.00 on Amazon. And do not forget to stay warm on a chilling winter group ride and wear your Leather Motorcycle Vests.
Figure 4: FreedConn Motorcycle Helmet with Bluetooth
ILM Modular Flip-Up
ILM has given its users what they wanted most in a Bluetooth helmet, long-range.
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology.
- One-touch control.
- The range is over 1000 feet.
- Complies with ECE and DOT standards.
- Connects two riders (no info if more than two can connect).
- Supports FM radio, GPS audio directions, and cell phone use.
One-Touch technology makes for safe control of your motorcycle while communicating with your fellow riders.
- The helmet is a perfect fit.
- Bluetooth quality is top-notch.
- DSP noise suppression makes for clear communications even at high speeds.
- Not enough padding inside the helmet.
- It doesn’t fit all head sizes.
The price on Amazon is $189.99. In the event, rain may dampen your ride come prepared, bring your Mens Motorcycle Rain Gear.
Figure 5: ILM Modular Flip-Up
There are a bunch of Bluetooth motorcycle communications systems to satisfy everyone’s needs.
There systems that connect to 2 or 3 riders, some that connect to 6 to 8 riders with ranges from 500 yards to 1.2 miles.
The comm system you choose means you can stay connected to the other riders making for a fun, safe ride.